Organisation & Contact
The APIC "the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Committee" is a Sector Group within Cefic (the European Chemical Industry Council).
Objectives of the APIC
- To represent the interests of pharmaceutical and chemical companies producing APIs and intermediates globally by being recognized experts who advance and influence the global GMP and Regulatory environment.
- To promote the use of compliant APIs in medicinal products to ensure patient safety.
Major Strategic Objectives, such as.:
- To strongly advocate regulatory compliance in all global markets and its enforcement through inspection.
- To support global harmonisation in the fields of quality and regulatory affairs.
- To be the forum where API manufacturers discuss GMP, RA and other technical issues that affect their business.
Cooperation and Contacts:
In order to achieve its mission APIC is in regular contact with national and intergovernmental bodies, such as:
- European Commission (EC)
- European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Healthcare (EDQM)
- European Parliament (EP)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Council of Europe (CoE)
- Pharmaceutical Inspection Cooperation Scheme (PIC/S)
To learn more about the APIC, please visit apic.cefic.org.
The ECA Academy is the ECA Foundation’s educational organisation. It has been organising and conducting trainings (educations courses, conferences and webinars) in the GMP and regulatory compliance environment since the ECA was founded in 1999. With close to 3,600 members from more than 60 countries, ECA has become the leading European association with regard to pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and GMP compliance. The independent organisation is chaired by a Scientific Advisory Board with members of the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry and regulatory authorities. By their voluntary work, the board members support ECA in fulfilling its mission to impart most relevant knowledge on the interpretation and implementation of GMP and regulatory requirements.
To learn more about the ECA Academy, please visit www.gmp-compliance.org.
Concept Heidelberg is Europe’s leading advanced training and information services provider in the area of pharmaceutical quality assurance and drug safety. It is the ECA’s exclusive partner and has been entrusted with managing the complete process. This goes from marketing to the organisation and the registration of all ECA events. Concept Heidelberg is also working for many other not for profit organisations (e.g. Universities and Industry Associations) that do not have own resources for conference management.
To learn more about CONCEPT HEIDELBERG, please visit www.concept-heidelberg.com.
CONCEPT HEIDELBERG GmbH
Telefon: (06221) 84 44-0
Fax: (06221) 84 44-34
For questions or comments you can leave a message with the form below. After filling in the form please click the "Submit form" button.